Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato, cubed If you don't have your sweet potato pre-cooked, just add in at the same time as the bell peppers when cooking.
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- 6 tortillas
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Add olive oil to a medium-sized saute pan and bring to medium heat. Add in the garlic and onions. Saute for about 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
Stir in the bell peppers and jalapeno. If your sweet potatoes are raw, you'll want to add those in here too. Saute, stirring frequently, for about 5-7 minutes.
Add in the black beans and sweet potato (if cooked). Stir to combine.
Stir in ¼ of the can of enchilada sauce and ¾ cup Mexican cheese. Once the cheese starts to melt, it's time to start filling the tortillas.
One by one, fill the tortillas with the vegetable mixture. Close each tortilla tightly and place the seam facing down. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce and sprinkle ¼ cup cheese on the top of the enchiladas.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is melted and the tortillas are a light golden brown. Garnish with fresh cilantro (optional). Enjoy!