Venison and Veggie Egg Muffins
- 8 venison breakfast sausages, cubed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into small bite-size pieces
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 15-16 eggs, more (as needed)
- ½ milk of choice
- shredded cheese (optional for topping)
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder (pinch of each)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Start by browning your venison sausages in a medium saute pan. Once browned, remove, and set aside.
Add the bell pepper and broccoli with a drizzle of water to the same saute pan. Saute for about 4-5 minutes. You don't want to fully cook here but until both the pepper and broccoli soften slightly. Season with a little salt and pepper.
Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Grease a muffin tin using non-stick spray. First fill 3/4 of the muffin cups with your veggies. Next, add in the cubed venison sausage. Then fill the muffin tins with the egg mixture. Top with cheese (optional).
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the muffin. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing. If freezing, place the muffins on a baking sheet and freeze for 20-30 minutes. Then combine in a freezer-friendly container or bag.